Mathematical Linguistics Scholarship, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, grants one scholarship to a highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Mathematical Linguistics (language of instruction: English).
1. The Scholarship will be known as the Mathematical Linguistics Scholarship.
2. The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 (3000 EUR per academic year for students from the EU, and 5000 EUR per academic year for students outside the EU), and a contribution to living expenses of 4000 EUR per academic year.
3. One Scholarship will be awarded.
4. The decision on awarding the Scholarship belongs to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague.
5. The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Mathematical Linguistics, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, for the academic year 2013/2014. Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science as specified at Admission web, and are to provide the following documents in order to apply for the Scholarship:
copy of the application for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Mathematical Linguistics;
letter of interest;
list of publications (if applicable);
transcript(s) of records;
photocopy of diploma (if applicable);
two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English, and sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format of documents is pdf). It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that letters of recommendation are sent to email@example.com by the deadline for submitting applications as well.
6. Candidates must not be recipients of any other external scholarships or grants for a living allowance.
7. The deadline for submitting applications is 31 May 2013.
8. Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 30 June 2013 at the latest.
9. The offer of the Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter offering it. If acandidate declines the Scholarship or does not take it up the Dean may offer the Scholarship to another candidate.
10. The successful candidate will be expected to complete the two-year programme and will study full-time.